Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Save the pelican babies

Cowabunga! Resident California surf dude Nate Prior here! Summer's bogus! Radical!

Anyway, my junior year of school was so busy that I decided that I might as well keep the rhythm going into summer, so as to not get comfortable and lose focus. Okay, that's not the real reason that I filled my summer with activities, but it might be a nice bonus. But it's been about the best summer of my life. I spent 6 weeks doing the greatest job imaginable: camp counseling at Westminster Woods! It was a blast working, playing, learning, and worshiping out there. But the real bonus is that I get to spend another 3 weeks with Melissa! (Preemptive "awww" for the big hug that I'm gonna get later...) I also was the maid of honor in my big sister's wedding, and I got to bring my delightful girlfriend Sam home to meet all the family. Now, after weeks of anticipation, preparation, inspiration, subjugation, and respiration, I'm ready to go to Nicaragua! I can't wait to get sweaty beyond comfort, use my meager Spanish skills, and meet all kinds of incredible people. All that aside, I'm most excited for what God will teach me and the ways in which I'll see Him that I never thought possible. And maybe I'll actually get to go surfing for the first time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's see. Nate Prior a surfer. You better get some pictures of that!

Hey Nate! Are you having fun yet? Your Mother (aka Mom) and I went to the taping of NUMB3RS on Friday. More about that later. Hope you're having fun and learning and helping others to help themselves.

Blessings!

Dad